Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happiness

I've had my fair share of ups and downs for the past three years. That is, to put it quite simply. But lately, I've really discovered true happiness I think, as cheesy as it sounds. It's made me realise just how much I've been missing out on by being miserable! I've also realised that I've had a lot of moments where I thought I was happy, but really, I wasn't. Close maybe, but not properly happy.

Since I've started diving basically, I have been on a massive high. The addition of proper exercise into my life has really had a positive effect on me, and I've also started eating healthily and properly! I had really gotten out of the habit of eating breakfast, but after a chat and some suggestions with my amazing mum (who shares the same dilemma!)we both decided that we would eat a bowl of yogurt and granola each morning, and we've stuck to it! I also have some seeded bread with flora, and a glass or two of orange juice. The difference it has made in me has been amazing- I start the day off feeling great and it just carries on!

I've also been bringing in fruit salad and then an apple or a pear to school, and then having another yogurt whenever I get home. So, I've managed to increase my calcium, vitamin c, fibre and fruit intake without and difficult, major changes!

Another contribution to my overall 'happiness' has been not having my phone. I really broke the cycle of my problem that I was having with constantly social networking and texting (I might do a post on this but I'm not too sure yet!) It was really nice to not always feel the need to be on my phone! I have it back now, and I know it's not as bad anymore but I do feel as if I am slightly slipping back into my 'old ways'. But i have recognised this, and so I'm going to work on it over the Easter break.

As part of this, I feel like I've been able to be a lot more open to my parents. No more lying and keeping secrets with them, I'm trying hard to come to my mum when I h
ave a problem and spend more time just generally talking with them both :) And I know this may be nerdy or cheesy or whatever, but i feel like it really is a lot better that way.

So, areas I've improved in are
  • Eating
  • Exercising
  • Healthier living
  • Social networking
  • Communicating and being more open with my family
Areas that I'm targeting to improve next are
  • Drinking more water
  • School- My grades, the effort I put in and my behaviour in general
So only two targets, as well as 'reinforcing' the other changes I've made recently.

I really think it's good to try and aim to make some changes for the better in your life. After all, you cant expect positive differences to happen unless you take a step towards achieving them! I also think that by me documenting things like this on here, it will help me to keep on track as well as maybe giving you ideas!

So thanks for reading, I hope Ive inspired you to make some healthier lifestyle choices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment