Saturday, March 16, 2013

The perks of being a wallflower

I think that every teenage girl should read at least one book from the age of 13-19. And by one book, i mean one GOOD book. Books have the power to change a tiny little piece of the world, and to me that is truly magical. Call me a nerd here, but I love reading. Ever since i was born I've basically been into books- literally, my parents used to read to me frequently and it's something that I've just grown up with.

So back to my one book thought- I think that the perks of being a wallflower is that one book. The one book that, given to the right person, has the power to change a life.

Until I read the perks, I didn't really have a 'favourite' book. Long story short-I'm very indecisive. To be honest with you, I don't really have a favourite anything. So up until that point, my 'favourite' book was probably to kill a mockingbird, or maybe my sisters keeper.

The difference is, neither of those books have made me thing in the way that the perks of being a wallflower did. There are just so many quotes, so many life lessons and thought provoking sentences within that book. It's truly magical.

I am yet to watch the film- but I don't think any filmmaker could capture the images provoked by Stephen chbosky in the perks of being a wallflower. I don't think any film could even half justify this amazing book.

In short, it is amazing. I urge you to go to the library right this moment and read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment